Taking the lead as the pioneer of fully synthetic lubricants, Amsoil’s motor oils have raised the bar on engine performance and is a crowd-favourite for novice and expert drivers alike. The innovative company prides itself on being independently owned, thus affording them the freedom to produce and formulate products based on performance, not price.
TT Motorsport always pushes for Amsoil to our customers because we want the best for them. Our years of experience on the job have allowed us to observe the reliable performance of Amsoil’s lubricants, and we want our customers to experience the game-changing difference firsthand.
Dedicated to maximizing the protection and performance of vehicles, Amsoil churns out a wide range of top-quality synthetic oils to suit various drivers’ needs. From cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, four-wheelers, snowmobiles, and even lawnmowers – if it has an engine, Amsoil’s probably got it.
For drivers new to the scene that may not be familiar with Amsoil’s synthetic oils and what makes each of their formulation range unique – this is the article for you.
Why are Amsoil’s synthetic oils so powerful, and how do they outperform conventional oils?
Synthetic motor oils are chemically engineered to impart benefits that conventional motor oils just cannot replicate. Much research and testing have been put into the products developed by Amsoil, the developers behind Amsoil’s products are not just engineers, chemists, and manufacturers, they’re also racers, gearheads, and thrill-seekers who have a blazing passion for the wheel. Their unique perspective as drivers behind the wheel and under the hood allows them to understand exactly what consumers want – better protection, better performance, and better fuel efficiency.
Bonus – it’s also better for the environment!
Which Amsoil motor oil should I go for?
Just like how Goldilocks had her preferences and needed it to be juuuust right – so does your car! Amsoil’s wide range of motor oils have formulation differences in each series to suit your exact vehicle of choice, so pick the right poison and you’ll have engine running smooth as butter.
Amsoil Signature Series Engine Oil
The gold star of industry standards – Amsoil’s signature product is aptly named. The Amsoil Signature Series is the most talked about and well-tested product amongst Amsoil’s offerings. Engineered for enthusiasts seeking superior engine protection and performance, the Signature Series provides excellent engine protection against horsepower loss and wear, extending the life of vital components. It develops a strong fluid film that keeps metal surfaces separated and has robust anti-wear additives that further reduce wear in metal-to-metal contact.
Amsoil Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Engine Oil
Not to be confused with its similarly named predecessor, the Signature Series Max-Duty was developed to deliver even more wear protection, for the horsepower that diesel enthusiasts crave.
The Signature Series synthetic technology delivers max-duty protection in on- and off-road applications, and withstands the extra demands placed on the turbo when pulling heavy loads/with updated tunes for maximum horsepower.
Amsoil European Car Formula SAE Engine Oil
The Amsoil European Car Formula SAE 5W30/5W-40’s low viscosity formulation maximises fuel efficiency without compromising engine protection, while meeting strict European manufacturers’ specifications for gasoline and diesel, and hybrid engines – which were designed for low viscosity oils.
High performance engines have higher operating temperatures, the European Car Formula has a robust composition that shields engines from the high temperatures produced by turbochargers. It’s thermally stable oil formulation resists deposit formation and keeps the turbochargers cool.
Amsoil Extreme Power Engine Oil
High performance engines perform under extreme stress due to the high temperatures, especially if they are turbocharged. The Amsoil Extreme Power has been formulated to deliver outstanding wear protection and resistance to the added heat and pressure, and is a high-performance lubricant specially designed for the streets.
Amsoil Dominator Racing Oil
The Amsoil Dominator Racing Oil range looks to “dominate” the industry with its premium standard racing oils. Excellent for high performance and racing applications, the motor oil has been formulated to withstand high RPM and high temperatures, for long-term wear protection. It is also formulated with a propriety friction modifier to reduce energy lost to friction. The Dominator’s unique attention to durability will ensure that critical engine components are protected for the entire course of your drive, even under extreme conditions.
In a nutshell, here are the benefits for each of Amsoil’s different motor oil series, and the packages offered by TT Motorsport:
Amsoil Signature Series 0W40, 0W20, 5W30 Engine Oil 4L Servicing Package (all $148)
- Excellent engine protection, cleanliness and performance over extended drain intervals, reducing vehicle maintenance
- Recommend for use in gasoline use in gasoline engines, diesel engines
- Guaranteed protection for up to 25,000 miles or 1 year
- Formulated with superior thermal durability that resists breakdown and keeps pistons clean.
- Controls heat and minimizes performance-robbing deposits.
Amsoil Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic 5W-40 4L Diesel Engine Oil Servicing Package $148
- Extra protection so you can push your diesel with peace of mind
- Provides long-lasting wear protection, keeping cylinder liners and turbo clean
- Withstands the extra demands placed on the turbo when pulling heavy loads or updating the tune for maximum horsepower
- Provides up to 2X better rust protection
- Provides outstanding protection and performance in hot and cold temperature extremes
- Resists thermal breakdown better than conventional and competing synthetic diesel oils.
Amsoil European Car Formula SAE 5W-40, 5W-30 4L Engine Oil Vehicle Servicing Package $148
- Engineered to meet European manufacturers’ specifications
- Excellent for turbochargers
- Excellent protection for gasoline, diesel and hybrid engines
- Fights sludge for superior engine cleanliness
Amsoil Extreme Power 0W40 4L Engine Oil Vehicle Servicing Package $188
- Designed for street-driven vehicles
- Extreme performance and protection in severe conditions
- Formulated to protect against oil volatilisation (boiling off)
- Outstanding engine cleanliness
- Guards against horsepower loss
Amsoil Dominator Racing Oil 4L Vehicle Servicing Package $148
- Formulated specifically for racing & high-performance engine
- Robust formulation resists viscosity loss
- Proprietary friction modifier maximizes horsepower & torque
- Fortified with anti-wear additives for extra protection
Get the oil that will supplement your car with the necessary benefits it needs, there are many things to consider such as the vehicle’s age, distance travelled, engine condition, climate, as well as the driver’s driving patterns. Do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need more information on what engine oil would serve you best.
Amsoil has consistently delivered across the board, but don’t take our word for it, try it!